Posted to user@struts.apache.org by starki78 <st...@libero.it> on 2005/11/23 17:06:47 UTC

Problems with a bundle when using the Validator in Struts

Hi, perhaps someone faces the same problem:

I would like to specify a bundle for example in this way:
<arg position="0" bundle="TEST" key="zaehlpunktSuche.form.motornummer"/>

but it is never recognized only when the default message-ressources in struts-config without any key are defined

Because of that I'would like to test validator 1.2
and I've downloaded the dtd and the library:

I want to embedd it with:
<!DOCTYPE form-validation PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Commons Validator Rules Configuration 1.2.0//EN"
     "../dtds/validator_1_2_0.dtd">

But now I get this exeption: (with ../dtds/validator_1_1_3.dtd)
it worked

no protocol: ../dtds/validator_1_2_0.dtd

java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: ../dtds/validator_1_2_0.dtd

	at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:537)

	at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java)

I'm really getting mad! Can someone help me please!

Nice greetings Starky

Re: Problems with a bundle when using the Validator in Struts

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
starki78 wrote:
> Hi, perhaps someone faces the same problem:
>
> I would like to specify a bundle for example in this way:
> <arg position="0" bundle="TEST" key="zaehlpunktSuche.form.motornummer"/>
>
> but it is never recognized only when the default message-ressources in struts-config without any key are defined
>

> Because of that I'would like to test validator 1.2
> and I've downloaded the dtd and the library:
>
> I want to embedd it with:
> <!DOCTYPE form-validation PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Commons Validator Rules Configuration 1.2.0//EN"
>      "../dtds/validator_1_2_0.dtd">
>

> But now I get this exeption: (with ../dtds/validator_1_1_3.dtd)
> it worked
>
> no protocol: ../dtds/validator_1_2_0.dtd
>
> java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: ../dtds/validator_1_2_0.dtd
>
> 	at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:537)
>
> 	at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java)

Recheck the public identifier you're using. If it's correct with respect
to the version of the Validator JAR you've deployed, it should be
resolved without trying to lookup the system identifier, in which case
it won't matter what path you use there.

L.