Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by frgrfg gfsdgffsd <ki...@yahoo.fr> on 2006/10/10 10:26:41 UTC

Searching terms saved in a file

Hi all,

As a new nutch's user, I am quite stuck regarding this:
How can I launch a search using a file containing my terms/keywords instead of typing them in search.jsp??
Do I have to use the Query.term class? If yes, How and where do I use this class?
Thanks a lot!

Mat

Demandez à ceux qui savent sur Yahoo! Questions/Réponses
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com

RE: Deleting Pages

Posted by Howie Wang <ho...@hotmail.com>.
The webdb and the segments are two separate things. The webdb
is basically used by fetcher to keep track of the status of the URL
(like last fetch time, was there an error). The segments contain
the data from the fetches themselves, and also the data's index,
which is used during searches.

So you've deleted the page from the webdb, and now you need
to remove it from the index. You can use the PruneIndexTool
to do this. Here's a link for more info:

http://lucene.apache.org/nutch/apidocs/org/apache/nutch/tools/PruneIndexTool.html

Howie

Deleting Pages

Posted by Gary Bone <Ga...@spgmedia.com>.
Hi,

Does anyone know how to force a page to be deleted. I have run the
WebDBWriter class and removed the page from the database but it still
shows on the search? Further checks using WebDBReader give a 'null'
response when looking for the page.

Most confusing?

Gary

CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify SPG Media Group Plc immediately via email at info@spgmedia.com. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of SPG Media Group PLC

This email has been scanned by SPG's Email Security System.

Re: Searching terms saved in a file

Posted by Dennis Kubes <nu...@dragonflymc.com>.
You would have to write something that would loop through the file and
then construct a Query object using the addRequired and addProhibited
methods to add your terms and phrases.  Then pass that into the
appropriate NutchBean search method to get your results.

Dennis