Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Seak, Teng-Fong" <se...@yahoo.com> on 2006/06/02 17:47:02 UTC

How to make Axis use Tomcat's compiler?

Hello everybody,

    I don't know if this post would be considered off-topic, or maybe I
should cross-post it since it's about Axis and Tomcat.

    I'm trying to use Web service in Tomcat, ie with Axis.  I've read
and followed the install guide and user guide:
http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/install.html
http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/user-guide.html

    Everything's OK, except one thing, Axis needs tools.jar to compile
JWS on the fly.  So, anyone knows if it's possible to make Axis use
Tomcat's compiler and how?

    By the way, the docs for Axis are too old; they're still using
Tomcat 4 as reference!  Furthermore, the docs just say Axis needs Java2,
but no clear mention if JRE is enough. I mean, Tomcat only needs JRE
whereas tools.jar could only be found in JDK.  So, JRE or JDK?

    TIA

    STF

Re: How to make Axis use Tomcat's compiler?

Posted by "Seak, Teng-Fong" <se...@yahoo.com>.
    Still no answer?