Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Sheng Zha <zh...@apache.org> on 2020/08/23 20:45:28 UTC

[DISCUSS] Recognizing Reviewers in MXNet

Dear MXNet community,

I'd like to discuss how we recognize reviewers in our project. TVM project adopted the practice of recognizing reviewers who helped reviewing code changes and made efforts to make sure these contributions are recognized. I think high quality code reviews are vital to the sustaining growth of a project, and in this regard this practice has been a great success at TVM. You can see related activities on dev@tvm [1]. To summarize, this involves the following practices:
- maintain the contributor list to recognize reviewers.
- announce the introduction of new reviewers in community updates such as their monthly news letter [2].

I recommend that we learn from these experiences and adopt similar practice.

Best,
Sheng

[1] https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@tvm.apache.org:lte=24M:reviewer
[2] https://discuss.tvm.ai/t/tvm-monthly-june-2020/7196