Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Joseph King <ki...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/03 21:19:47 UTC

windows installation

I know this has probably been discussed but i am having an issue
installing james on windows.  I don't have any error message but i am
unable to get the configuration to send emails any help

Re: windows installation

Posted by Joseph King <ki...@gmail.com>.
When i did what you just told me everything seems fine.

the window stays up as it should and i do not have any error so all i
need to do is configure the setup correct.

Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> Joseph King ha scritto:
>
>> I unzipped the file in my server folder in C:/server then james and when
>> i try to run the run.bat file from the bin i get that message and i have
>> not found anything that would help. I may be overlooking something though.
>>

> Clean up the folder.
> Download james-binary-2.3.1.zip
> unzip james-binary-2.3.1.zip
> cd james-2.3.1/bin
> run.bat
> -----------
> Using PHOENIX_HOME:   XXX\james-2.3.1
> Using PHOENIX_TMPDIR: XXX\james-2.3.1\temp
> Using JAVA_HOME:      c:\Program Files\Java\jdk
>
> Phoenix 4.2
>
> James Mail Server 2.3.1
> Remote Manager Service started plain:4555
> POP3 Service started plain:110
> SMTP Service started plain:25
> NNTP Service started plain:119
> FetchMail Disabled
> ------------
> Then your console will be stuck there, because the process doesn't go in
> background using run. If you see the command prompt again the server
> failed to start.
>
> Please do this procedure again and let us know where exactly it stuck
> and how.
>
> Stefano
>

>> Stefano Bagnara wrote:

>>> Where did you install it?
>>> How do you run it?
>>>
>>> 2 tests:
>>> 1) try running it via run.bat in the bin folder

Re: windows installation

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Re: windows installation

Posted by Joseph King <ki...@gmail.com>.