Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jitendra Kumar <ji...@hth.bhel.co.in> on 2006/03/28 11:59:47 UTC

RE: How i can check an string to be a correct web site format?

I assume you are using form to submit the string.

Are you using commons Validator framework ?? If yes, then in
validator-rules.xml , there is validation of type "url".
Use that. or you can use mask if you want to customize it.

Jitendra

Posted by vijay venkataraman <vi...@ltp.soft.net>.
See Java doc of java.util.regexp.Pattern

A compiled representation of a regular expression.

A regular expression, specified as a string, must first be compiled into
an instance of this class. The resulting pattern can then be used to
create a |Matcher| object that can match arbitrary _||_character
sequences_||_ against the regular expression. All of the state involved
in performing a match resides in the matcher, so many matchers can share
the same pattern.

A typical invocation sequence is thus

 Pattern p = Pattern.|compile|("a*b");
 Matcher m = p.|matcher|("aaaaab");
 boolean b = m.|matches|();

if b == flase - then it does not match.

You can use above mechanism to check for regexp.

Thanks,
Vijay Venkataraman

Legolas Woodland wrote:

> Jitendra Kumar wrote:
>
>> I assume you are using form to submit the string.
>>
>> Are you using commons Validator framework ?? If yes, then in
>> validator-rules.xml , there is validation of type "url".
>> Use that. or you can use mask if you want to customize it.
>>
>> Jitendra
>>

> Thank you for your reply.
> can you tell me how i can do this in java code ?
> for example by creating a regular expression object and .... ?
>
> Thanks

------------------------------DISCLAIMER------------------------------

If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and
all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and
notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
intended recipient.

Lisle Technology Partners Pvt. Ltd. and any of its subsidiaries each
reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.

individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the
sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.

Re: How i can check an string to be a correct web site format?

Posted by Legolas Woodland <le...@gmail.com>.