Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Glenn A. Thompson" <gt...@cdr.net> on 2005/11/02 13:07:53 UTC

Re: Sharing libsvn_fs_* internals [was: "Locked" messages useless]

>There are quite a few similarities in the logic of the backend.  The
>foremost difference is that in the BDB code, there are 'trail'
>arguments all over the map, whereas the FSFS code has none.  This is a
>pretty significant difference, though.
>
>I spent a few hours thinking about the next generation of our
>filesystem last night, and I'm convinced at this point that to undergo
>some sort of major code unification effort today would be a waste.
>Better to begin thinking about how to properly segregate the business
>logic from the storage format peculiarities in the next generation of
>the filesystem; better still to invest real effort into deciding if
>we've a need for multiple backends at all.

Wow! are you serious?  A single backend as in no more vtable at the API?
What release would you see this at?

gat

Re: Sharing libsvn_fs_* internals [was: "Locked" messages useless]

Posted by "Glenn A. Thompson" <gt...@cdr.net>.
>Let's not get ahead of ourselves, here.  I said exactly as much as I
>meant to say -- no less, no more.

Okay, Okay:-)

gat

Re: Sharing libsvn_fs_* internals [was: "Locked" messages useless]

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net>