Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Scott Jones <sc...@izio.com> on 2000/11/01 12:50:10 UTC

Re: XML to PDF in IE 5+

Hi Anthony,

I just discovered that the "?" suggestion is applicable in more cases than
you might think.  My application needs to use URL variables to send more
information to my page at request time (don't know if you have this same
issue).  So, I already had a "?" after my file name...  However, once I
started adding URL variables, it stopped working for IE.

But, you can do something like:  http://localhost/test.xml?name=Scott&? and
it works great...

I've also started using the ".pdf" extension suggestion as well.  Don't know
if it'll help you, but it's solved the problem for me.  I still notice that
in IE 5.5 that the page occasionally comes up blank, but pressing the
"Refresh" button makes it appear correctly...  (it's working perfect on all
other browsers).

Cheers,

Scott

Re: XML to PDF in IE 5+

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com>.
> I just discovered that the "?" suggestion is applicable in more cases than
> you might think.  My application needs to use URL variables to send more
> information to my page at request time (don't know if you have this same
> issue).  So, I already had a "?" after my file name...  However, once I
> started adding URL variables, it stopped working for IE.
>
> But, you can do something like:  http://localhost/test.xml?name=Scott&?
and
> it works great...
>
> I've also started using the ".pdf" extension suggestion as well.  Don't
know
> if it'll help you, but it's solved the problem for me.  I still notice
that
> in IE 5.5 that the page occasionally comes up blank, but pressing the
> "Refresh" button makes it appear correctly...  (it's working perfect on
all
> other browsers).

Someone posted a fix that deals with hacking the registry.  The issue isn't
so
much IE as it is the Acrobat Reader plugin is not configured correctly.  It
is
unreasonable for anyone to force people to hack their own registry because
most people don't know what they are doing.

If there is any lobbying to be done--it needs to be with Adobe.