Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by benoit lair <ku...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/07 11:41:27 UTC

[PROPOSAL][ACS 4.3] Billing of ressources consumed

Hello All.

I was wondering what were the abilities to get some billing system of
consumed ressources ?

I saw you can extract some datas on the acs cloud_usage mysql database.

I'm looking for a good beginning of a solution of ressources billing.

If this doesn't really exists yet, so what about beginning the work on a
billing plugin that could evolves regardless of the ACS mgmt server ?

It could be very useful to generate a report of the used ressources, group
ressources by client (so need to have some crm specs or crm interconnexion,
or just import the client's db (name,internal_ref_key,
hosting_client_ref_key) or somewhat like a client ref key)

So we can retrieve the information for a client to what ressources he used
for a given period per example.

For a first phase, the availability to extract these informations into a
csv format, for a second phase the availability to perform an export and to
post it with a framework defining the way it is transferred (url, key,
method, encryption, ack, etc ...) toward such an intranet tool.

Also the availability to give a production cost and the billing price for
each ressource so we can have the financial results of the global activity
in a given period.

Here are some ideas, the thread is open, any idea is welcome and any
advices about such a feature.

Regards, Benoit.

RE: [PROPOSAL][ACS 4.3] Billing of ressources consumed

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
Hi Benoit,

I did a brief demo of Amysta @ CCC13, you can see it here:

http://www.buildacloud.org/cloudstack-collab-conference-north-america-2013/video/ackporting-features-into-custom-apache-cloudstack-by-ilya-musayev.html

Last 5 minutes of the video will have Amysta Billing plugin showcased.

Regards
ilya

Posted by Fabrice Brazier <fa...@apalia.net>.
Hi Benoit,