Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Lukasz Kowalczyk <lu...@jazzpolice.pl> on 2002/09/11 09:09:29 UTC

Growing cache

I just realized I posted this to slide-user instead of slide-dev.

Has anyone encountered problems with some of Slide's internal caches
growing in an uncontrollable way? My web application which uses Slide
causes Tomcat 4.0.4 process to grow to 140M over twenty hours (the
load is not very heavy). I was looking for errors in my own code but
failed to find anything which could cause this kind of problems.

I found that caches used in StandardStore do not enforce maxSize
parameter, is that intentional (ie. does the combined work of get()
and resize() take care of that)?