Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Anne Bertrand <aj...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/01 03:07:55 UTC

0 kbs

Hi

I have a Mac computer and I use Open Office.  I am destroyed inside because
for one all my work from 2012 to now- most of it went from so many kbs to
0.  I have searched for answers everywhere- even youtube for the past
month.    I have work still going missing on my computer and have been
afraid to back up as every day more of my work goes missing - I can't take
anymore.  Please help

regards

Anne Bertrand

Re: 0 kbs

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Wed, 1 Apr 2015 10:37:55 +0930
Anne Bertrand <aj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a Mac computer and I use Open Office.  I am destroyed inside because
> for one all my work from 2012 to now- most of it went from so many kbs to
> 0.  I have searched for answers everywhere- even youtube for the past
> month.    I have work still going missing on my computer and have been
> afraid to back up as every day more of my work goes missing - I can't take
> anymore.  Please help
>
> regards
>
> Anne Bertrand

Have you changed computers or restored from a backup?

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: 0 kbs

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.
On 03/31/2015 10:06 PM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> Please use the backup option in OpenOffice, I blog about how to never loose
> work in AOO.

"biggest enemy on loosing information"

Perhaps you meant losing?

Re: 0 kbs

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
http://alexandrocolorado.com/2015/02/01/how-to-never-loose-work-in-apache-openoffice/

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor

Re: 0 kbs

Posted by jd1008 <jd...@gmail.com>.

On 03/31/2015 08:23 PM, Martin Groenescheij wrote:

> On 01-Apr-15 12:07, Anne Bertrand wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a Mac computer and I use Open Office.  I am destroyed inside
>> because
>> for one all my work from 2012 to now- most of it went from so many
>> kbs to
>> 0.
> If OpenOffice crashed it will only affect the files you have open at
> the time of the crash.
> I can't believe you have all your work since 2012 open at the same time.
> OpenOffice files will always be greater than 0 bytes after a crash.
> So I doubt about if OpenOffice is the culprit.
>> I have searched for answers everywhere- even youtube for the past
>> month.    I have work still going missing on my computer and have been
>> afraid to back up as every day more of my work goes missing - I can't
>> take
>> anymore.  Please help
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Anne Bertrand

Folks, Anne may have a malware intrusion.
Has Anne installed new software other than Open Office
since 2012?
If yes, what software was installed?

Re: 0 kbs

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.