Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/11 01:38:01 UTC

Problem with ZoneUpdater example

I can't figure why this example of ZoneUpdater (in a component)
doesn't work when a field is cleared...

	http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/javascript/ajaxcomponents1

whereas this example of ZoneUpdater works just fine...

	http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/javascript/ajaxonevent

Anyone?

Cheers,

Geoff

Re: Problem with ZoneUpdater in a component

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@thedailytube.com>.
I took a quick look at the page and it looked like it was getting
"something"

I checked firebug and the response is:
{"content":"something"}

So I poked around a bit then just did a wide search for String.trim
usage. I found what looks like the culprit here in
PageRenderQueueImple.java at line 163:

        String content = root.getChildMarkup().trim();

In the case of the full page usage, you always have something else
included in the result so the response is:

{"content":"Welcome   Dumpty."}

Josh

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 3:41 PM, Geoff Callender
<ge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's right. ZoneUpdater works fine in a page, but not in a component.
>
> Here is ZoneUpdater in a page, working fine even when the field becomes
> empty or spaces::
>

>  http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/javascript/ajaxonevent
>
> Here is ZoneUpdater in a component, not working when the field becomes empty
> or spaces:
>

>  http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/examples/javascript/ajaxcomponents1
>
> Does anyone know why?
>
> Geoff
>

> On 11/09/2009, at 1:02 PM, Kalle Korhonen wrote:
>
>> Yes, but I guess Geoff was asking why the same keyup event works fine
>> on the page, including non-printing chars.
>>
>> Kalle
>>

>> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 6:17 PM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
>> <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Playing with them a little, it seems to me that the keyup event ignores
>>> non-printing chars. Try typing some spaces: nothing happens. Then type
>>> any
>>> letter: the AJAX update is triggered. Have you tried the change event?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
>>> Consultor, desenvolvedor e instrutor em Java
>>> http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago

TheDailyTube.com. Sign up and get the best new videos on the internet
delivered fresh to your inbox.

Re: Problem with ZoneUpdater in a component

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.

Re: Problem with ZoneUpdater example

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.