Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Sanjaya Liyanage <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/07 07:01:38 UTC

Implementing a streamable subset of XPath xpath() schema for XInclude

Hi Michael,
      Thank you for reminding me to  add the proposal to the GSoC web
app.I'll add it once the editing is completed.I am going to use the
XPath Nodes and Xpath Axis as the subset for supporting.Actually I
didn't pay attention towards how to integrate the XPath support with
XInclude/XPointer processor yet.If you have an idea on how can the
integration be done please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Sanjaya Liyanage

Re: Implementing a streamable subset of XPath xpath() schema for XInclude

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Sanjaya,

If you haven't already you should take a look at the
org.apache.xerces.xpointer.XPointerHandler (in particular the parseXPointer
() method) and the other classes in that package. This is where the XPath
support would be integrated for the xpointer() scheme. Note that this also
requires implementing the xmlns() scheme [1] which provides the namespace
prefix bindings for prefixes which may occur in the XPath.

Thanks.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-xmlns/

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development