Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com> on 2014/11/26 15:45:13 UTC

Input for December 2014 report

Hi Stanbolers,

it's report time again and I would like to collect some input here.
What issues should be mentioned in the upcoming report to the board?

The report deadline is December 10th, 2014.

Best,
 - Fabian

--
Fabian
http://twitter.com/fctwitt

Re: Input for December 2014 report

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
HI Fabian,

Sorry, I had a lot of things to do the last week and completely forgot
to answer.

* My presentation about a possible new Annotation model for Apache
Stanbol is available at [1] ( pdf [2]).
    * i.g. the linked data track was a nice litte track. Good and
interesting questions.
    * Stanbol could send someone in the W3C group working on Open Annotation.

* I wanted to prepare a release for 0.12.1 last week, but I was not
able to find the time
    * I will try to find some time before christmas to work on this release.

* we have now re-enabled CORS in the 1.0.0 trunk (thx to Cristian for
the contribution). So feature wise we are fine to head for a 1.0.0
release.
    * 1.0.0 still needs some love regarding the Web UI (some less
important pages of the default UI are still broken - e.g. the engines
details view)

best
Rupert

[1] http://apacheconeu2014.sched.org/event/ee4e2cc2cdcdad624f7b69dd530c6d45#
[2] http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/ApacheCon-Stanbol-FAM.pdf

Posted by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

and thanks Rupert and Bertrand for the pointers.

I have submitted the following report:

Status report for the Apache Stanbol Project - December, 2014

Apache Stanbol provides a set of reusable components for semantic content
management.

There are no issues which require board attention at the moment.

The project is performing well and the development is going towards version
1.0. Some minor tasks are still to do. In the meantime the project is
preparing a 0.12.1 maintenance release.

The Stanbol project has participated at the ApacheCon EU with a talk by
Rupert Westenthaler about a possible new annotation model for Apache
Stanbol [1, 2 (slides)]. In this context Stanbol was offered the
possibility to send a member to the W3C group working on Open Annotation.

[1] http://s.apache.org/AwS
[2] http://s.apache.org/CUX

Subscribers on the dev list: 217

No new committers or PMC members were elected.

Last new committer was
  Antonio David Perez Morales on Jan 14th, 2014

No new PMC member was elected since the graduation of Apache Stanbol on
Sep 19th, 2012.

Last stack release was:
  Apache Stanbol 0.12 on Mar 2nd, 2014

Last component release was:
  Apache Stanbol Partial Security Release RC2 on June 5th, 2014
  org.apache.stanbol.commons.security.reactor-20140602

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Fabian,

Posted by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

here is my draft:

Status report for the Apache Stanbol Project - December, 2014

Apache Stanbol provides a set of reusable components for semantic content
management.

There are no issues which require board attention at the moment.

The project is performing well and the development is going towards
version 1.0. In the meantime the project is preparing a 0.12.1

Posted by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

--
Fabian