Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Sean MacRoibeaird - Sun ireland - Solaris Software - Staff Engineer <Se...@ireland.sun.com> on 2000/06/21 12:14:29 UTC

Failure to build xml-soap

I've just returned to this after a couple oof weeks away. They same problem I
had with soap4j persists in xml-soap (obviously doing something particularly
obviously wrong, but can't see it).

The errors in the build (using ant) are as follows - There are lots more but the
undefined methods are the same.

/export/home/XML/SOAP/xml-soap/java/src/org/apache/soap/encoding/soapenc/ArraySe
rializer.java:166: Method getAttributeNS(java.lang.String, java.lang.String) not
found in interface org.w3c.dom.Element.
      String declEncStyle = tempEl.getAttributeNS(
                                                 ^
/export/home/XML/SOAP/xml-soap/java/src/org/apache/soap/encoding/soapenc/SoapEnc
Utils.java:183: Method getAttributeNS(java.lang.String, java.lang.String) not
found in interface org.w3c.dom.Element.
    String nullValue = element.getAttributeNS(Constants.NS_URI_SCHEMA_XSI,
                                             ^
/export/home/XML/SOAP/xml-soap/java/src/org/apache/soap/encoding/soapenc/SoapEnc
Utils.java:197: Method getAttributeNS(java.lang.String, java.lang.String) not
found in interface org.w3c.dom.Element.
    String attrValue = el.getAttributeNS(attrNameNamespaceURI,
                                        ^
/export/home/XML/SOAP/xml-soap/java/src/org/apache/soap/rpc/RPCMessage.java:356:
Method getAttributeNS(java.lang.String, java.lang.String) not found in interface
org.w3c.dom.Element.
    String    declMsgEncStyle     = root.getAttributeNS(
                                                       ^
/export/home/XML/SOAP/xml-soap/java/src/org/apache/soap/rpc/RPCMessage.java:370:
Method getLocalName() not found in interface org.w3c.dom.Element.
      String tagName = root.getLocalName();
                                        ^
/export/home/XML/SOAP/xml-soap/java/src/org/apache/soap/rpc/RPCMessage.java:372:
Method getNamespaceURI() not found in interface org.w3c.dom.Element.
      targetObjectURI = root.getNamespaceURI();

The methods are defined in the Node interface in
<Path-to-Xerces>/java/src/org/w3c/dom.

My CLASSPATH is as follows:
/export/home/XML/xerces/xerces.jar:/export/home/XML/jakarta-ant/lib/ant.jar:/exp
ort/home/XML/jakarta-ant/lib/xml.jar:/usr/java/lib/tools.jar

I have tried various versions of the Xerces jar file (including a jar built from
the CVS source) and the same error persists.

Much humble pie if I'm doing something stupid here, but any help would be
appreciated.

Sean

Re: Failure to build xml-soap

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
> The errors in the build (using ant) are as follows - There are lots more but
the
> undefined methods are the same.

/export/home/XML/SOAP/xml-soap/java/src/org/apache/soap/encoding/soapenc/Array
Se
> rializer.java:166: Method getAttributeNS(java.lang.String, java.lang.String)
not
> found in interface org.w3c.dom.Element.
>       String declEncStyle = tempEl.getAttributeNS(
>                                                  ^

/export/home/XML/SOAP/xml-soap/java/src/org/apache/soap/encoding/soapenc/SoapE
nc
> Utils.java:183: Method getAttributeNS(java.lang.String, java.lang.String)
not
> found in interface org.w3c.dom.Element.
>     String nullValue = element.getAttributeNS(Constants.NS_URI_SCHEMA_XSI,
>                                              ^

/export/home/XML/SOAP/xml-soap/java/src/org/apache/soap/encoding/soapenc/SoapE
nc
> Utils.java:197: Method getAttributeNS(java.lang.String, java.lang.String)
not
> found in interface org.w3c.dom.Element.
>     String attrValue = el.getAttributeNS(attrNameNamespaceURI,
>                                         ^

/export/home/XML/SOAP/xml-soap/java/src/org/apache/soap/rpc/RPCMessage.java:35
6:
> Method getAttributeNS(java.lang.String, java.lang.String) not found in
interface
> org.w3c.dom.Element.
>     String    declMsgEncStyle     = root.getAttributeNS(
>                                                        ^

/export/home/XML/SOAP/xml-soap/java/src/org/apache/soap/rpc/RPCMessage.java:37
0:
> Method getLocalName() not found in interface org.w3c.dom.Element.
>       String tagName = root.getLocalName();
>                                         ^

/export/home/XML/SOAP/xml-soap/java/src/org/apache/soap/rpc/RPCMessage.java:37
2:
> Method getNamespaceURI() not found in interface org.w3c.dom.Element.
>       targetObjectURI = root.getNamespaceURI();
>
> The methods are defined in the Node interface in
> <Path-to-Xerces>/java/src/org/w3c/dom.
>
> My CLASSPATH is as follows:

/export/home/XML/xerces/xerces.jar:/export/home/XML/jakarta-ant/lib/ant.jar:/e
xp
> ort/home/XML/jakarta-ant/lib/xml.jar:/usr/java/lib/tools.jar

If this is your classpath it should work right; the problem you're seeing is
that the DOM level 1 interfaces are being found instead of level 2. Xerces.jar
has the level 2 interfaces, so if your classpath is as above it should work.

Can u try javap org.w3c.dom.Node and see what it says? If it doesn't have
"getNamespaceURI" then your classpath is still busted somehow.

Hope this helps!

Sanjiva.

Re: Failure to build xml-soap

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.