Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Yves Vindevogel <yv...@implements.be> on 2004/11/15 19:23:15 UTC

Dynamic database connection

Hi,

I need to create a link to a database which is dynamic.  For instance

http://mysite/customer1/test.html should get the data out of database
db1
http://mysite/customer2/test.html should get the data out of database
db2

Is it necesarry to create a mapping to each database in the config
files ?
If not, that would be a serious help too, because everytime a customers
sings on, I need to modify the config files (and restart)

Could somebody please give me an example (sitemap) on how to do this ?

TIA
Yves

Re: Dynamic database connection

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 15 nov. 04, à 19:23, Yves Vindevogel a écrit :

> ...I need to create a link to a database which is dynamic.

There was a discussion here recently ("Best Practice Connecting to n
Databases"), you might want to search the archives and see if it helps
in your case.

-Bertrand