Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mcamnadur <mc...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/22 17:00:50 UTC

XMPP connection to ActiveMQ

Hi

I am using ActiveMQ v5.5.0 and wish to integrate XMPP functionality to the
topics. I followed the instructions on your website to the letter apart from
2 considerations:
1) I do have a woodstox library in the lib/optional folder but it is named
woodstox-core-asl-4.0.7.jar.
2) I am using Spark version  2.6.3 because I could not find the version
2.0.0

I am able to connect to the broker and send messages from the IM client
(Spark) to the broker. This is verified from the administration dialogue for
the broker, which shows the topic, subscriber and the number of messages
sent. However, I am unable to send a message the other way round, i.e. from
the broker to the client, using either the send_to feature of the console
window or a separate java application writing to the same topic. What could
be wrong?

Thanks
Michael Camilleri

Re: XMPP connection to ActiveMQ

Posted by mcamnadur <mc...@gmail.com>.
Further to my reply

I managed to get it to work but only with Spark V2.0.0...the problem
is that I would like to have it working with pidgin or any other
client for flexibillity. Also, the testing with the XMPPtest.java that
you sent me worked fine.

thanks

Posted by James Green <ja...@gmail.com>.
http://camel.apache.org/xmpp.html

Posted by mcamnadur <mc...@gmail.com>.
what do you mean via camel?

Posted by James Green <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by mcamnadur <mc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks

Posted by Stanley Lewis <sl...@fusesource.com>.
Yeah, copying/replacing the existing jar in an installation would probably be the easiest way to go.

If it's something that other folks might find useful you could also submit a patch by creating a new Jira issue and attaching the patch, making sure to check the box that grants the project rights to use the patch.

Regarding using various XMPP clients (pidgin etc) against the XMPP transport I would say that the transport would probably need a bit more work to support that, I don't believe it's had extensive interop testing.  Would be nice functionality to have though, and the I'm sure the team would be open to any contributions in this area.

Posted by mcamnadur <mc...@gmail.com>.
One more problem

Posted by Stan Lewis <sl...@fusesource.com>.