Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org> on 2004/02/02 19:42:29 UTC

Re: How to override properties from build.properties across maven:maven calls?

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 12:42, jan-helge.bergesen@axxessit.no wrote:
> Any idea anyone?
>
> Is it possble to do this in the context?

The <maven:maven/> is strictly for an isolated build, it doesn't know
about the build that triggered it.

> Just to (attempt to) clarify:
> I've  got a property (a directory) set in a build.properties that is
> shared among several
> projects.
> The projects "stage" their JAR files to this location for developer
> "environment execution".
> I'd like to be able to "redirect" the jar files when preparing for
> installer generation, however
> the maven:maven tag seems to re-read the values from the .properties files
> instead of
> accepting the modifications performed by the invoking script..

Yes, that's what it does.

What property are you trying to alter?

You can also let maven place JARs where it normally does and then move
in a post goal or use the reactor to build everything and then move the
JARs to your desired location.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl