Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/12/28 18:59:11 UTC

[Lucene-hadoop Wiki] Update of "Hbase/ThriftApi" by DavidSimpson

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Lucene-hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by DavidSimpson:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/Hbase/ThriftApi

  Bryan, I think you may want to use the "binary" type instead of "string" to avoid any possible encoding issues. "binary" is a raw raw byte[] in Java. -- Chad

+ Bryan, I've been working on various Thrift servers and clients (mainly C++ and Ruby) at Powerset and will be taking a look at creating a Thrift server implementation of this API.  Is this something on which you are actively working?  If not, I'll take a look at the REST server code as a model for hooking up the Thrift API to Hbase.  Other than that, without knowing a bit more about the HBase API, the Thrift API looks good.  One thing that we'll need to add to it are Exception declarations.  -- DavidSimpson
+