Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2003/07/09 16:57:58 UTC

[OT] A great read

In August's Software Development magazine there is an excellent artical named
"Morphing the Mold: Can Concurrent Development Stop Creeping Featurism?" by
Mary Popendieck.  It mirrors many of the design philosophies we have embraced
here in Avalon land.  It also debunks some of the design up front myths.

An equally interesting read is Mary's sidebar "Amateurs Strive; Experts Hide".

As it is not August yet, you cannot read the articals on line
(http://sdmagazine.com) at this time.  I have the magazine in print, and if
you can pick up a copy at your local newstand I highly recommend it.  We may
want to point to some of this stuff on our web page.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin