Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Steve O'Hara <so...@pivotal-solutions.co.uk> on 2008/05/17 09:23:11 UTC

Case Sensitive String Matching

I thought that string comparisons in Velocity were always
case-insensitive?

i.e. $Tmp=="mystring"  ==>>  "mystring".equalsIgnoreCase(Tmp)

Has something changed in 1.5 or am I labouring under a misunderstanding?

Thanks

Steve

Re: Case Sensitive String Matching

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 12:23 AM, Steve O'Hara
<so...@pivotal-solutions.co.uk> wrote:
> I thought that string comparisons in Velocity were always
> case-insensitive?
>
> i.e. $Tmp=="mystring"  ==>>  "mystring".equalsIgnoreCase(Tmp)
>
> Has something changed in 1.5 or am I labouring under a misunderstanding?

string comparisons in Velocity have always been case-sensitive.  at
least, in the 7 years, i've been around... :)