Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by James Sirota <js...@apache.org> on 2017/05/04 02:59:25 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Modify bylaws to allow speculative branches

Hi Guys,

I would like to put this up for a vote.  We would modify the bylaws with the following:

Significant, pervasive features are often developed in a speculative branch of the repository. The PMC may grant commit rights on the branch to its consistent contributors, while the initiative is active. Branch committers are responsible for shepherding their feature into an active release and do not cast binding votes or vetoes in the project.  The branch committers are also responsible for filing Jiras related to the development and should associate branch commits to appropriate Jiras. The acceptance criteria and the review process for a branch commit would be relaxed, limited primarily to top-level conceptual review, until the branch is merged back into master.

Thanks,
James