Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2008/09/22 06:29:47 UTC

[axis2] JAXWS output verbosity

Folks:

The JAXWS tests spew a truly outrageous amount of output to the console,
much of which are exception stack traces.  Despite the fact (based on
the successful completion of the build) that these tests are in fact
apparently passing, it's pretty scary to see tons of faults go whizzing
by.  Doesn't put me in my happy place.  :)

I haven't looked into this yet, but are we logging exceptions in places
they should be just (re)thrown, or perhaps swallowed with no output if
they're expected?  Or are the log4j configs off for the JAXWS tests?

If we could make the a successful build actually *look* successful that
would be really awesome.

Thanks,
--Glen

Re: [axis2] JAXWS output verbosity

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
That would be great. Sometimes when the build does fail its hard to locate
why it really failed ;).

Thanks,
Keith.

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> wrote:

> Folks:
>
> The JAXWS tests spew a truly outrageous amount of output to the console,
> much of which are exception stack traces.  Despite the fact (based on
> the successful completion of the build) that these tests are in fact
> apparently passing, it's pretty scary to see tons of faults go whizzing
> by.  Doesn't put me in my happy place.  :)
>
> I haven't looked into this yet, but are we logging exceptions in places
> they should be just (re)thrown, or perhaps swallowed with no output if
> they're expected?  Or are the log4j configs off for the JAXWS tests?
>
> If we could make the a successful build actually *look* successful that
> would be really awesome.
>
> Thanks,
> --Glen

Keith Chapman