Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Datta, Neela" <Ne...@dialog.com> on 2002/03/21 00:47:32 UTC

Versioned text files in Slide does not store deltas???( I am not using WebDAV but plain slide API)

I was wondering how I could store only deltas of a text document  when I use
filecontentstore( on the file system).

I want to make sure, as the way I am doing it seems to be storing the whole
content in a separate file. The following code creates /files/test_1.0.txt
and  /files/test_1.1txt with the whole text and not the delta. I am trying
to store the following character array:

First version - "This is NodeRevisionContent Rev. 1.0"
Second version - "This is NodeRevisionContent Rev. 2.0"

            // Now creating some revisions
            NodeRevisionDescriptor revisionDescriptor =
                new NodeRevisionDescriptor(0);

		NodeRevisionContent rc = new NodeRevisionContent();
            //rc.setContent("This is NodeRevisionContent Rev.
1.0".toCharArray());
            String tmp = "This is NodeRevisionContent Rev. 1.0";
            rc.setContent(tmp.toCharArray());

            token.begin();

            revisionDescriptor.setProperty("revision", "1");

            revisionDescriptor.setContentLength(tmp.length());

            content.create(slideToken, "/test", revisionDescriptor, rc);

            revisionDescriptor.setProperty("revision", "2");

            String tmp1 = "This is NodeRevisionContent Rev. 2.0";
            revisionDescriptor.setContentLength(tmp1.length());
            NodeRevisionContent rc1 = new NodeRevisionContent();
            rc1.setContent(tmp1.toCharArray());

            content.create(slideToken, "/test", "main",revisionDescriptor,
rc1);

--Neela