Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Alexander Leschinsky <ba...@lair.pp.ru> on 2005/03/02 03:09:42 UTC

Platform selection choice

Hello All,

I can, sure, find best choice by "do&try" method, but... want save some
time... and due to this reason wait opinions

I'll move my SVN-repositories from XP and have 3 possible directions

Fedora
FreeBSD (5.21, 5.3 wait for "prime time" yet)
Gentoo 2004

Main question is "Avoiding building ANY BIT by hand" (I'll want to follow
this credo in any of above OS), thus - I want to know, which
- fresh
- reliable
package you can recommend (http+mod_svn access only) for which distro

--
Best regards,
 Alexander Leschinsky

Re: Platform selection choice

Posted by George Garvey <tm...@inxservices.com>.
On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 08:09:42AM +0500, Alexander Leschinsky wrote:
> Gentoo 2004
   I've not been having trouble on Gentoo. BUT, I'm primarily using
SVK, so Subversion is FSFS. I did try the Subversion server for a VERY
short time, with BDB. Not enough to say anything about it. You could
ask the Gentoo list for other stories.