Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Taylor Cowan <ta...@bondisoftware.com> on 2000/08/25 05:42:01 UTC

Re: Struts and WML

I think your last paragraph touches on the best solution.  Tags are not
HTML, they are XML.  Tags could produce their underlying content as XML,
then detect the client based on something in the request, and appy an XSLT
for a particular client type.  This would require some additional tag
infrastructure to abstract the XSLT access and cataloging, something like a
base class called ClientNeutralBodyTag that helped tag designers get to the
XSLT storage.  Actually tags are one way to simplify client neutral JSPs.

Some tags are certainly generic enough to have alternate representations as
HTML and WML.

Taylor