Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Tauren Mills <ta...@tauren.com> on 2007/10/12 13:03:38 UTC

No WebApplicationContext found: no ContextLoaderListener registered?

This may not be specifically wicket related, but I'm stuck and am
hoping someone else has dealt with this before.  I'm not even sure
what these errors mean.

I've got a wicket/spring app that runs just fine within Eclipse using Jetty.
But I'm attempting to deploy its war to Resin 3.1.0, it doesn't run.  I get this
exception:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No WebApplicationContext found: no
ContextLoaderListener
registered?
       at org.springframework.web.context.support.WebApplicationContextUtils.getRequiredWebApplicationContext(WebApplicationContextUtils.java:86)
       at org.apache.wicket.spring.SpringWebApplicationFactory.createApplication(SpringWebApplicationFactory.java:82)
       at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.init(WicketFilter.java:461)
       at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketServlet.init(WicketServlet.java:148)
       at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:70)
       at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletConfigImpl.createServletImpl(ServletConfigImpl.java:766)
       at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletConfigImpl.createServlet(ServletConfigImpl.java:697)
       at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletManager.init(ServletManager.java:150)
       at com.caucho.server.webapp.WebApp.start(WebApp.java:1699)
       at com.caucho.server.deploy.DeployController.startImpl(DeployController.java:623)
       at com.caucho.server.deploy.DeployController.restartImpl(DeployController.java:586)
       at com.caucho.server.deploy.StartAutoRedeployAutoStrategy.request(StartAutoRedeployAutoStrategy.java:125)
       at com.caucho.server.deploy.DeployController.request(DeployController.java:556)
       at com.caucho.server.webapp.WebAppContainer.getWebApp(WebAppContainer.java:884)
       at com.caucho.server.webapp.WebAppContainer.buildInvocation(WebAppContainer.java:724)
       at com.caucho.server.host.Host.buildInvocation(Host.java:476)
       at com.caucho.server.host.HostContainer.buildInvocation(HostContainer.java:331)
       at com.caucho.server.cluster.Server.buildInvocation(Server.java:795)
       at com.caucho.server.dispatch.DispatchServer.buildInvocation(DispatchServer.java:200)
       at com.caucho.server.hmux.HmuxRequest.handleRequest(HmuxRequest.java:419)
       at com.caucho.server.port.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:477)
       at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool$Item.runTasks(ThreadPool.java:591)
       at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool$Item.run(ThreadPool.java:513)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Here's my web.xml:

<web-app>

       <display-name>dynamic</display-name>

       <context-param>
               <param-value>classpath:applicationContext.xml</param-value>
       </context-param>

   <context-param>
       <param-name>configuration</param-name>
       <param-value>deployment</param-value>
   </context-param>

       <!-- Enable the filters for Hibernate -->

   <filter>
       <filter-name>opensessioninview</filter-name>
       <filter-class>org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter</filter-class>
   </filter>

   <filter-mapping>
       <filter-name>opensessioninview</filter-name>
       <servlet-name>dynamic</servlet-name>
   </filter-mapping>
       <!-- END hibernate filters -->

       <listener>
               <listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
       </listener>

   <servlet>
       <servlet-name>dynamic</servlet-name>
       <servlet-class>org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketServlet</servlet-class>
       <init-param>
           <param-name>applicationFactoryClassName</param-name>
           <param-value>org.apache.wicket.spring.SpringWebApplicationFactory</param-value>
       </init-param>
       <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
   </servlet>

   <servlet-mapping>
       <servlet-name>dynamic</servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>

</web-app>

Any ideas what would cause this or how to get it running?  I can
provide my spring xml files too if that will help.

Thanks!
Tauren

Re: No WebApplicationContext found: no ContextLoaderListener registered?

Posted by Nino Saturnino Martinez Vazquez Wael <ni...@jayway.dk>.
Then just wait til you want to integrate with jpa / hibernate. Then
messages are equally poor. And at 5am nothing makes sense:)

Posted by Tauren Mills <ta...@tauren.com>.