Posted to user@struts.apache.org by micael <ca...@harbornet.com> on 2002/11/25 18:33:04 UTC

THIS IS TRUE -- PEOPLE SHOULD PLAN FOR REALITY -- Re: Struts: a Graphic Artist blessing or curse?

This is exactly right, and application frameworks should begin working to
this reality, rather than some ideal, which is what is happening now.  This
is really the way the whole http/tcp/ip protocol would suggest.  The
practice is mirrowing what makes sense.

Micael

At 01:49 PM 11/25/2002 +0000, you wrote:

>Haha!
>
>This whole idea of J2EE where we have seperation of roles hasn't quite
>happened has it. The idea that there are business process programmers,
>database programmers, front end guys etc. In the end it's always the same
>person fulfilling all the roles.
>
>On the projects that I have been on in the past Graphic designers have
>been comissioned to make up the pages, which are done statically. Then the
>programmers have gone through the pains of making these pages dynamic.
>
>Regards
>IV
>

> >  from:    Foong Tzer <tz...@see-consulting.com>
> >  date:    Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:31:26
> >  to:      struts-user@jakarta.apache.org, struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
> >  subject: Re: Struts: a Graphic Artist blessing or curse?
> >
> > Dear Struts supporter,
> >
> > There seems to be a real world problem with using Struts (well, not
> > really Struts, but JSP Tag Libraries). It seems despite zero java coding
> > on the JSP pages, those 'funny' tags are still not digest-able by average
> > graphic designers. I mean, if they were to use Macromedia DreamWeaver, it
> > would not've rendered the look and feel if the tags were something like
> > this: -

> > key="another.title"/></html:link>
> >

> > As opposed to the native standard HTML tags?
> >
> > I'm really not sure whether Macromedia or any other popular graphic
> > artiste tool would render these Struts JSP pages properly. Anybody here
> > has any experience solving this real world problem?
> >
> > Thanks. Any help would be much appreciated.
> > Regards,
> >
> >   Tzer
> >   tzer@see-consulting.com
> >
> > Is J2EE messing up your mind?
> > http://www.see-consulting.com
> >
> > --
> > http://fastmail.fm - Or how I learned to stop worrying and
> >                       love email again
> >
> > --
> e-mail:   <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
> >

>http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/redirect-home?tag=velloscouk-21&placement=home_multi.gif&site=amazon
>
>--

Micael

have received this transmission in error, please delete the message.  Thank you