Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Vinnie <w0...@gwi.net> on 2002/03/17 21:42:56 UTC

Error Message

HI,

How does one get rid of the following error message that appears in the
httpd.log file?

[Sun Mar 17 13:55:17 2002] [error] (2)No such file or directory: could not
open mime types log file /usr/local/
etc/apache/mime.types.

I commented the area in the httpd.conf file that says:

#
# TypesConfig describes where the mime.types file (or equivalent) is
# to be found.
#
#<IfModule mod_mime.c>
#    TypesConfig /usr/local/etc/apache/mime.types
#</IfModule>

That doesnt seem to help. Any ideas?

Bill

Re: Error Message

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
Vinnie wrote:

> [Sun Mar 17 13:55:17 2002] [error] (2)No such file or directory: could
> not open mime types log file /usr/local/
> etc/apache/mime.types.
>
> I commented the area in the httpd.conf file that says:

> #    TypesConfig /usr/local/etc/apache/mime.types

> That doesnt seem to help. Any ideas?

Don't comment out that line; point it to the correct location of
mime.types.  Apache can't run without that file.  It is usually located
in the conf/ directory under the ServerRoot, but you appear to be using
some vendor-distributed apache that has modified paths, so you'll have
to find it yourself or ask your vendor.

Joshua.