Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Skybuck@home.nl" <sk...@home.nl> on 2004/04/29 14:48:24 UTC

multiple repositories

Hi,

There is this project called ufo2000.

I would like to checkout some version from the ufo2000 repository.

Then checkit in into my own local repository, so that I can work on it
locally... with versioning etc.

Later I would like to checkout my changes and commit them to the ufo2000
repository.

Is this a good idea ?

Another question: Can multiple repositories be merged together ?

Another question: Can one repository be exported to another ?

Please also CC to my e-mail address: (skybuck@home.nl)

Bye,
  Skybuck.

Re: multiple repositories

Posted by John Peacock <jp...@rowman.com>.
Skybuck@home.nl wrote:

> There is this project called ufo2000.
>
> I would like to checkout some version from the ufo2000 repository.
>
> Then checkit in into my own local repository, so that I can work on it
> locally... with versioning etc.
>
> Later I would like to checkout my changes and commit them to the ufo2000
> repository.

Check out svk

	http://svk.elixus.org/

which allows you to create local mirrors of remote repositories, including
updates in both directions.  The author is currently working on extending
mirroring to non-Subversion repositories (i.e CVS, Perforce).

> Another question: Can multiple repositories be merged together ?

In what sense?  You can export from one repository and load that into another.

> Another question: Can one repository be exported to another ?

I suspect you are asking if one repository can push commits to another; there
are a couple of people working on features like this.  However, there is no base
functionality in Subversion which supports distributed replication, per se.

HTH

John

--
John Peacock