Posted to dev@polygene.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2016/08/20 10:50:34 UTC

Yeoman for scaffolding

Gang,
I came across Yeoman outside the usual JS world, and saw that it is
actually a very capable, almost fun, package.

So, I intend to scrap my tools/shell effort, and replace it with a Yeoman
generator.

The small test I ran last night shows that we can get a very interactive
creation of a project. See below for a quick sample.

If you have any thoughts on what is important on this, please speak up. If
you love coding in JavaScript, here is an opportunity to help out...

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

Re: Yeoman for scaffolding

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
It is correct that I already started with it.

Resides in tools/generator-zest.

Install npm, then run "npm install yeoman" (possibly with sudo) and if I
remember correctly, it was enough to stand in the generator-zest directory
and do "npm link" (possibly with sudo) and after that the following command
can be issued;

    yo zest

But only File ES, RDF indexing, Rest and Heroes Sample are somewhat
implemented. A fair bit for 1 day, but a lot more to do and any help is
useful.

Cheers
Niclas

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

Re: Yeoman for scaffolding

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Yeoman for scaffolding

Re: Yeoman for scaffolding

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
Forgot to show the sample,

niclas-249:heroes2 niclas$ yo zest
? Your project name (heroes2)
? Java package name (heroes2) org.hedhman.heroes
? Which entity store do you want to use? (Press <space> to select)
❯◯ file
 ◯ geode
 ◯ hazelcast
 ◯ jclouds
 ◯ jdbm
 ◯ leveldb
 ◯ in-memory
? Which indexing system do you want to use? (Press <space> to select)
❯◯ rdf
 ◯ elastic search
 ◯ solr
 ◯ sql
? Which caching system do you want to use? (Use arrow keys)
❯ none
  memcache
  ehcache
? Which serialization system do you want to use? (Use arrow keys)
❯ jackson
  stax
  org.json
? Other features? (Press <space> to select)
❯◯ rest api
 ◯ reindexer
 ◯ metrics
 ◯ jmx
 ◯ version migration

But Yeoman folds the selection away, so the terminal looks like this when
done;

niclas-249:heroes2 niclas$ yo zest
? Your project name heroes2
? Java package name org.hedhman.heroes
? Which entity store do you want to use? file
? Which indexing system do you want to use? rdf
? Which caching system do you want to use? none
? Which serialization system do you want to use? jackson
? Other features? rest api, reindexer, metrics, jmx, version migration