Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by gu...@dimonsoftware.com on 2002/05/10 17:12:49 UTC

GUMP (offtopic?)

I'm working on getting GUMP to work with my own projects,
and have had some difficulties with it.

I hope this isn't way off topic, but there doesn't seem to
be any community explicitly behind GUMP, and I thought this
mailing list was the "closest match". Correct me if I'm
wrong, I can take this off-list if anyone is interested.

First of all, what version of GUMP is running at Jakarta?
The version straight from the CVS doesn't even run:
- gen.sh references the workspace XML file incorrectly
  when doing puball.sh (should be ../$SOURCE, not $SOURCE).
- update.sh simply exits without doing anything, haven't
  still figured out why.
- build.sh is generated with a scripting error, an extra "fi"
  is generated without a matching "if".

There are no tags in the CVS, so this module is not under
strict version control. I'm willing to contribute into this
module, but would like to hear from anyone who has been
working on it regarding it's current status.

Maybe my config files are simply incorrect, causing all
these problems. In that case, any help you can provide would
be appreciated, and then I would gladly like to contribute
documentation describing how to get started using GUMP.
I based my config on the "rubix.xml" workspace.

I think a lot of groups are in a similar position as I am,
looking for an integration tool to work with CVS and ant.
Do you know of any other groups using GUMP?

Regards,
Gummi Haf

Gudmundur Hafsteinsson - gummi@dimonsoftware.com
Dimon Software - www.dimonsoftware.com

"... 'cause that's what tiggers do the best!" - Tigger