Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Erica Zhang <er...@cs.ubc.ca> on 2007/02/27 02:55:08 UTC

Questions on configuring Apache Server

Hi,

I am developing some component, which need Apache to be able to listen
to two ports, instead of only one default port. I do not know if there
is some way to configure Apache http server to work in this way. I do
not want to configure it to be virtual host.

Thanks,

Erica

Re: Questions on configuring Apache Server

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
It sounds like you want to write a pair of filters.  There are several
examples of writing them in C, and a more detailed tutorial with
background at the mod_perl website
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/filters.html

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
It sounds like you want to write a pair of filters.  There are several
examples of writing them in C, and a more detailed tutorial with
background at the mod_perl website
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/filters.html

 Issac

Posted by Plüm, Rüdiger, VF EITO <ru...@vodafone.com>.
Maybe modsecurity (http://www.modsecurity.org/) already does what you need.
Otherwise it gives you an impression how to write an appropriate module to do so.
Looking at http://apache.webthing.com/ for mod_accessibility and for mod_proxy_html
also seems to be good idea to either find out that what you need is already there
or to get an idea how to do it yourself.

Regards

Rüdiger

Posted by Erica Zhang <er...@cs.ubc.ca>.
Hi,