Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Zeltser, Mark" <Ma...@lehman.com> on 2001/03/20 22:14:57 UTC

Struts on EAS 3.6.1, anyone?

Hello,

Did anyone successfully deployed struts-example on EAS 3.6.1? I am getting
the following error:

500 Servlet jspservlet: unable to service request: Unable to compile class
for JSPC:\Program Files\Sybase\Jaguar CTS
3.5\work\Jaguar\Servlet\WebApp-struts-example\_0005cindex_0002ejspindex_jsp_
0.java:72: Incompatible type for method. Can't convert java.lang.String to
boolean. _jspx_th_html_html_0.setLocale("true"); ^ 1 error
Also, java source can't be found under directory menioned above.
Thanks, Mark.

This message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  This communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial product, an official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman Brothers Inc.  Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.  Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is subject to change without notice.

Re: Struts on EAS 3.6.1, anyone?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Zeltser, Mark wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Did anyone successfully deployed struts-example on EAS 3.6.1? I am getting
> the following error:
>
> 500 Servlet jspservlet: unable to service request: Unable to compile class
> for JSPC:\Program Files\Sybase\Jaguar CTS
> 3.5\work\Jaguar\Servlet\WebApp-struts-example\_0005cindex_0002ejspindex_jsp_
> 0.java:72: Incompatible type for method. Can't convert java.lang.String to
> boolean. _jspx_th_html_html_0.setLocale("true"); ^ 1 error
> Also, java source can't be found under directory menioned above.
> Thanks, Mark.

That looks like a problem that occurs with several servlet containers.

JSP compilers are required to perform conversions between the String
version of custom tag attribute values and the corresponding data type of
the underlying property (boolean in this case).  This requirement was not
clear in the JSP 1.1 spec, but was clarified in an errata published last
April, available at:

	http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/download.html

This should probably be reported as a bug to Sybase.

Craig McClanahan