Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2008/07/24 01:09:20 UTC

[VOTE] Release Pig 0.1.0 (candidate 3)

Hi,

Hopefully the final candidate.
http://people.apache.org/~olga/pig-0.1.0-candidate-3/
<http://people.apache.org/~olga/pig-0.1.0-candidate-3/>

Please, vote by end of day on Monday, 7/28.

Thanks,

Olga

Posted by Benjamin Reed <br...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 Looks good

ben

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1.

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
+1 This looks good to me!

Doug

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1.

Alan.

[VOTE] Release Pig 0.1.0 (candidate 4)

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
+1: unit tests pass, keys & hashes match, licensing looks good.

Doug

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 7:50 PM, Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> ...The keys are at
> /www/www.apache.org/dist/incubator/pig/KEYS on people.apache.org....

Ok thanks, with this I give my +1 to this release.

-Bertrand

Posted by Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Torsten,

Let me ask the question a different way - are you ok +1 this release or
do you feel that release instructions and hadoop cleanup needs to happen
first.

Re-rolling packages is not a problem but getting everybody's attention
proved to be fairly time consuming.

Thanks,

Olga

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
> Tanks for your feedback. My comments are inline.
>
>> The README is *really* *really* minimalistic.
>
> Do you think we need to update it prior to the release?

Well, the idea of incubation is to gather a community (besides the
legal aspect). I would suggest to at least provide more detailed
instruction how to get the things working in the wiki. Or did I miss
those?

>> Why are both hadoop 0.16 and 0.17 included?
>
> The idea was that people can build with 1 version back.

That sounds like a good idea ..at least in theory :)

> However, at this
> point it is not possible since hadoop interfaces change between each
> version. We can remove hadoop16 I think. Do we need to do this cleanup
> prior to the release?

It's a bit awkward to have 0.16 in there if you cannot use it at all.

(That said I was about to send a question to the dev list about using
0.16 with pig. I need to get it working with 0.16. Will that be a
major hurdle? But let's discuss that in another thread)

Congrats to the RC. That's already a major step.

cheers
--
Torsten

RE: [VOTE] Release Pig 0.1.0 (candidate 3)

Posted by Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Torsten,

Thanks for your feedback. My comments are inline.

> The README is *really* *really* minimalistic.

Do you think we need to update it prior to the release?

> Why are both hadoop 0.16 and 0.17 included?

The idea was that people can build with 1 version back. However, at this

Posted by Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Bertrand,

Thanks for the review. The keys are at

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.