Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Allan Crooks <am...@dcs.qmw.ac.uk> on 2001/02/08 20:51:44 UTC

Using differing layouts

Hi,

Sorry for asking probably a straight forward question (and giving a fairly
ambiguous subject header, I don't think it even strictly relates to the
question I'm about to ask), but here goes.

I'm currently using HTMLLayout, but I want the stack trace to be printed
for any WARN or ERROR messages. I'm currently using SocketAppender to pass
the messages along. Can anyone tell me how I could do this?

I'm sure I used SocketAppender, and did have some stack trace information
being printed, but that was a long time ago... :)

And yes, I am using the error (Object, Throwable) message method.

Any ideas?
Allan.