Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jon McGreevy <mc...@waterloo.k12.ia.us> on 2005/03/03 16:51:20 UTC

Problem with a Rule

I am running SA 2.64 and trying to create a rule so that peoples email
inside the organization will not be marked as spam

I am trying to use the header option and it is not working

Here is what I have so far

>From =~ /\@waterloo/I

My organization is @waterloo.k12.ia.us

I have tried all kinds of options like From =~ /\@waterloo\.k12\.ia\.us/i
And variations of the above  but nothing is working

If I change that to rawbody it works, but the reason I am trying to use the
>From field so that it will not trigger off of the To field. Any help would
be greatly appreciated

Jon McGreevy
Server/Application/Database Support
Waterloo Community Schools
Waterloo, IA 50702
(319) 433-1800

RE: Problem with a Rule

Posted by Andy Jezierski <aj...@stepan.com>.
"Jon McGreevy" <mc...@waterloo.k12.ia.us> wrote on 03/03/2005 10:13:31
AM:

> IP won't really work since most people webmail from all over

Does your webmail server insert a header into the message? Key off of that
as well.

Andy

RE: Problem with a Rule

Posted by Jon McGreevy <mc...@waterloo.k12.ia.us>.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Re: Problem with a Rule

Posted by Martin Hepworth <ma...@solid-state-logic.com>.
Jon

RE: Problem with a Rule

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 11:17 AM 3/3/2005, Jon McGreevy wrote:
>I am kind of new to this, I use SAConf to change my rules, so how do I run
>spamassassin -tD

That's a command line program, not a configuration option. It's a way of
actually starting spamassassin from the command line with the "test mode"
and "debug output" flags enabled. However, you need to be at a command line
to do it.

ie:
          spamassassin -tD <message.txt

Actually, if you've just been editing, first thing you should do is lint
your rules.. it helps pick out the simple typos. Lint mode should run
quietly and exit. If it prints anything, it's complaining about a config
line it does not understand.

         spamassassin --lint

RE: Problem with a Rule

Posted by Jon McGreevy <mc...@waterloo.k12.ia.us>.