Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Savoy, Melinda" <Me...@texashealth.org> on 2011/04/18 01:09:07 UTC

Question on exception error

We just moved from a JBoss app server to Tomcat early this morning and all appeared to be going well and then we got the following error and trying to decipher its meaning but coming up short.  Any help/suggestions on what occurred would be appreciated.

Here is the error:

ClientAbortException:  java.io.IOException
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.realWriteBytes(OutputBuffer.java:358)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.ByteChunk.flushBuffer(ByteChunk.java:434)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.ByteChunk.append(ByteChunk.java:349)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.writeBytes(OutputBuffer.java:381)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.write(OutputBuffer.java:370)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteOutputStream.write(CoyoteOutputStream.java:89)
        at net.sourceforge.stripes.action.StreamingResolution.stream(StreamingResolution.java:447)
        at net.sourceforge.stripes.action.StreamingResolution.execute(StreamingResolution.java:240)
        at net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.DispatcherHelper$7.intercept(DispatcherHelper.java:508)
        at net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.ExecutionContext.proceed(ExecutionContext.java:158)
        at net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.HttpCacheInterceptor.intercept(HttpCacheInterceptor.java:99)
        at net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.ExecutionContext.proceed(ExecutionContext.java:155)
        at net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.BeforeAfterMethodInterceptor.intercept(BeforeAfterMethodInterceptor.java:113)
        at net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.ExecutionContext.proceed(ExecutionContext.java:155)
        at net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.ExecutionContext.wrap(ExecutionContext.java:74)
        at net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.DispatcherHelper.executeResolution(DispatcherHelper.java:502)
        at net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.DispatcherServlet.executeResolution(DispatcherServlet.java:286)
        at net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.DispatcherServlet.service(DispatcherServlet.java:170)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
        at net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.StripesFilter.doFilter(StripesFilter.java:247)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at root.servlet.HttpFilter.doFilter(HttpFilter.java:37)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at waffle.servlet.NegotiateSecurityFilter.doFilterPrincipal(Unknown Source)
        at waffle.servlet.NegotiateSecurityFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProcessor.process(Http11AprProcessor.java:859)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11AprProtocol.java:574)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.run(AprEndpoint.java:1527)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.io.IOException
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalAprOutputBuffer.flushBuffer(InternalAprOutputBuffer.java:695)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalAprOutputBuffer$SocketOutputBuffer.doWrite(InternalAprOutputBuffer.java:725)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.filters.ChunkedOutputFilter.doWrite(ChunkedOutputFilter.java:126)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalAprOutputBuffer.doWrite(InternalAprOutputBuffer.java:531)
        at org.apache.coyote.Response.doWrite(Response.java:560)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.realWriteBytes(OutputBuffer.java:353)
        ... 40 more

Thank you.

Melinda Savoy
Sr. Programmer Analyst, ERP Systems
Innovative Technology Solutions
Texas Health Resources
600 E. Lamar Blvd, Ste 301, Arlington TX  76011
MelindaSavoy@texashealth.org<ma...@texashealth.org>

Texas Health Resources: Arlington Memorial,
Harris Methodist and Presbyterian Hospitals
A shared mission and now a shared name.

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.  Please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message from your system.

RE: Question on exception error

Posted by "Savoy, Melinda" <Me...@texashealth.org>.
Thanks for all the help.

Regards.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by "Savoy, Melinda" <Me...@texashealth.org>.
My apologies, Charles.

We're running:	Tomcat 6.0.18
JVM:		1.6.0.16

We do not have Tomcat front-ended by a webserver.

I am hoping you're correct.  I was unable to contact the user and therefore the reason for this email.

Thanks for the reply.  Regards.

> We just moved from a JBoss app server to Tomcat

Care to give us a hint about what Tomcat version?  (Be precise.)  Also, the JVM level, the platform you're running on, and whether or not you have Tomcat front-ended by a webserver such as httpd or IIS.

> we got the following error
> ClientAbortException:  java.io.IOException

Likely just a simple client disconnect (e.g., closing the browser) before the response was sent.

 - Chuck

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.