Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Trond G. Ziarkowski" <tr...@gep-as.com> on 2005/02/16 11:50:51 UTC

Cookies in Tomcat 5.5.7

Hi all!

I'm making a filter that checks that my cookies are set, and sets them
if they are missing.

Code for setting cookie:
        String path = request.getContextPath();
        cookie = new Cookie(name, value);
        cookie.setPath(path);
        logger.debug("Setting cookie: " + cookie.getName() + ", " +
cookie.getPath());
        response.addCookie(cookie);

Code for checking cookies:
            String path = request.getContextPath();
            for (Cookie c : cookies) {
                String cName = c.getName();
                String cPath = c.getPath();
                logger.debug("Checking: " + cName + ", " + cPath);
            }

When setting the cookie the Cookie.getPath() method returns the path I
have set. But when checking cookies all calls to Cookie.getPath()
returns null regardless of what path I have set. When viewing the
cookies in Firefox the path is the same as when I created the cookie.

Is this a bug?
Has anyone experienced similar behaviour?

Trond

Re: Cookies in Tomcat 5.5.7

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
All is not lost. The cookie spec says that overlapping cookie names need to
be sent from most specific to least specific. But if you have the same cookie
name across many domains (foo.domain.com vs bar.domain.com) - then things get
a little ambiguous.

-Tim

Re: Cookies in Tomcat 5.5.7

Posted by "Trond G. Ziarkowski" <tr...@gep-as.com>.