Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Waseem Shahzad <wa...@curemd.com> on 2011/10/13 08:59:16 UTC

Export files from Tortoise SVN

Hi

           I am trying to get the only changed files in the revision. I
am using this ..

svn export -r 2 "svnrepository"  destination

This command Is getting all the files including changed files.

 Below concept is good for me but it doesn't export.

svn log -vr 2 svnrepository

Pls guide me how would I make this command usable to get the Only
changed - modified and added - files in particular revision.

Cheers,

Regards

Waseem

Re: Export files from Tortoise SVN

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Oct 14, 2011, at 11:51, Andreas Krey wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 11:39:14 +0000, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> In which case it would be simpler to just install Subversion on the server, have a working copy on the server, and run "svn up" on the server (which will transfer only the changes).
>
> ...and have .svn dirs all over the place (at least until a week ago).

Yes, but to me that's not a problem.

> A full checkout elsewhere plus rsync may also be an option.

Yes.

Re: Export files from Tortoise SVN

Posted by Andreas Krey <a....@gmx.de>.
On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 11:39:14 +0000, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> For example, one common reason why people think they want to export only the changed files is so that they can then upload those changed files to a server.

This would have the undesirable property of not removing files that have
been deleted in svn.

> In which case it would be simpler to just install Subversion on the server, have a working copy on the server, and run "svn up" on the server (which will transfer only the changes).

...and have .svn dirs all over the place (at least until a week ago). A
full checkout elsewhere plus rsync may also be an option.

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 07:29:21 -0800

Re: Export files from Tortoise SVN

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Oct 14, 2011, at 05:44, Andy Levy wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 02:40, Waseem Shahzad wrote:
>> Thanks for your ACK.
>>
>> Any hint?
>
> As Ryan suggested, if you can explain *why* you think you need this,
> an alternate may be suggested.

For example, one common reason why people think they want to export only the changed files is so that they can then upload those changed files to a server. In which case it would be simpler to just install Subversion on the server, have a working copy on the server, and run "svn up" on the server (which will transfer only the changes).

Re: Export files from Tortoise SVN

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Waseem Shahzad <wa...@curemd.com>.
Thanks for your ACK.

Any hint?

Cheers,

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Posted by Waseem Shahzad <wa...@curemd.com>.
I am surprised that If Tortoise SVN given an option to 'Export' that get Only delta of that revision and 'Save revision to' in 'Show log' option.

Why there is no alternative command of these two options in subversion.

Cheers,

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.