Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "Matthews, Tom" <TM...@teradata-ncr.com> on 2003/05/30 20:27:17 UTC

Xalan/XSL processing of multi-document files

Hi
	I very new at XML/XSL but I'm trying to use XSL to transform XML
into flat text.  I've managed to build a sheet that does this fairly well
for the document I'm looking at.  However, for production there will be
multiple XML documents in a single file.  When I try this I get the error

Exception in thread "main" javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
org.xml.sax
.SAXParseException: Comment must start with "<!--".

Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to split the documents out of the
file and process each separately?

Thanks & Cheers
Tom
416-491-6464
Teradata, a division of NCR
This communication may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender
does not waive any related rights and obligations. This communication is
further intended for use only by the individual(s) to whom it is
specifically addressed and should not be read by, or delivered to, any other
person. If you have received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by returning the communication to the sender and deleting the
message from your system.

Re: Xalan/XSL processing of multi-document files

Posted by Joseph Kesselman <ke...@us.ibm.com>.

XML does not have the concept of a "multi-document file". If that's how
you've stored your data, it's your responsibilty to create and plug in
front-end code (eg, a suitable Entity Resolver) which explodes it into
separate XML documents before we see it.

Joe Kesselman, IBM Next-Generation Web Technologies: XML, XSL and more.
"The world changed profoundly and unpredictably the day Tim Berners Lee
got bitten by a radioactive spider." -- Rafe Culpin, in r.m.filk