Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Marco Crivellaro <mc...@optasportsdata.com> on 2011/04/01 12:01:57 UTC

getCurrentCacheSize when using recipientList

Is there a way to get the current cache size when using a recipientList?

in my route I am consuming messages from an ActiveMQ queue and then sending
to recipients using the recipientList.

Re: getCurrentCacheSize when using recipientList

Posted by Marco Crivellaro <mc...@optasportsdata.com>.
reason why I am asking is because I've tried to set it to a low value (say
50) and then send several messages to a list of 100 unique recipents (3
recipient for each exchange).

I than took a snapshot with jmap and found all 100 producers

Re: getCurrentCacheSize when using recipientList

Posted by Ashwin Karpe <ak...@fusesource.com>.
Hi,

The Recipient List uses the default size for the ProducerCache which is set
to Exchange.MAXIMUM_CACHE_POOL_SIZE in the camel context. If no value is set
by the user in the camel context for this property, the default cache size
is set to 1000.

There is no operation on the recepient list to get the current cache size
since it grows and shrinks naturally...

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ashwin...

-----
Ashwin Karpe
Apache Camel Committer & Sr Principal Consultant
FUSESource (a Progress Software Corporation subsidiary)
http://fusesource.com

Blog: http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com