Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Ben Davis <be...@boldidea.org> on 2020/04/03 18:14:24 UTC

How do I configure the server to allow connection sharing?

The documentation
<https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/using-guacamole.html#client-share-menu>
 states:

If the Guacamole server is configured to allow connection sharing, and you
> have been granted permission to share the current connection, an additional
> "Share" menu will appear next to your username in the Guacamole menu.

I can't find how to enable this. Currently the menu does not show up in the
web ui. I am using a custom authentication plugin -- is there something I
need to set in the connection or configuration objects?

Ben Davis

*Education Director*

*214-442-1635  | https://boldidea.org/ <http://boldidea.org/>*

* <https://boldidea.org/donate>*

Re: How do I configure the server to allow connection sharing?

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 2:14 PM Ben Davis <be...@boldidea.org> wrote:

> The documentation
> <https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/using-guacamole.html#client-share-menu>
>  states:
>
> If the Guacamole server is configured to allow connection sharing, and you
>> have been granted permission to share the current connection, an additional
>> "Share" menu will appear next to your username in the Guacamole menu.
>

> I can't find how to enable this. Currently the menu does not show up in
> the web ui. I am using a custom authentication plugin -- is there something
> I need to set in the connection or configuration objects?

If you're storing your connections in JDBC (no matter how your users are
being authenticated), then all you need to do is create a Share Profile for
the connections you want to share.  It's pretty basic - you can make it
either a read-only connection or a read-write connection, and the option
will show up in the menu when you're connected.

If you are not using the JDBC module to store connections, and are somehow
feeding those in from your custom module, then you'll need to implement the
sharing feature within your custom module.  You can look at the JDBC module
for examples of this, but it'll be a little more involved.

-Nick