Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Martin Dietze <di...@fh-wedel.de> on 2013/03/07 12:51:06 UTC

Re: Timer-based update to various regions in a page - best approach?

On Thu, March 07, 2013, Martin Grigorov wrote:

> Or you can use one Ajax timer that broadcasts an event to all components in
> the page and each component can decide whether to add itself to the target
> or not.

That looks pretty interesting. If I understand you correctly,
they would all add themselves to the same target, so that there
will be only one update for all components with display-relevant
changes?

Cheers,

M'bert

--
----------- / http://herbert.the-little-red-haired-girl.org / -------------
=+=

Re: Timer-based update to various regions in a page - best approach?

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 1:51 PM, Martin Dietze <di...@fh-wedel.de> wrote:

> On Thu, March 07, 2013, Martin Grigorov wrote:
>
> > Or you can use one Ajax timer that broadcasts an event to all components
> in
> > the page and each component can decide whether to add itself to the
> target
> > or not.
>
> That looks pretty interesting. If I understand you correctly,
> they would all add themselves to the same target, so that there
> will be only one update for all components with display-relevant
> changes?

Yes.

> Cheers,
>
> M'bert