Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Barbara Wilson <bw...@embarqmail.com> on 2014/06/18 20:46:36 UTC

Installing of the openoffice program

I installed the program but it installed in French – how do I change it into English?

Re: Installing of the openoffice program

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 18:46:36 -0000, Barbara Wilson <bw...@embarqmail.com> wrote:

> I installed the program but it installed in French – how do I change it into English?

go to http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html, download the english language pack, install it and select english under 'tools - options - language settings - languages - language of user interface'.

you can also download the full installation in english from the same site, uninstall the french version of openoffice and install the english one. the language may be easily deduced from the installation file name's suffix.