Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Antonio Petrocelli <a....@netsons.com> on 2013/11/07 11:33:19 UTC

Cloudstack 4.2.0 > migration of local data volume is not allowed

Hello,

i've this error when i try to attach a volume to vm:

"Failed to attach local data volume snap_2599317a-2598-4a91-8dca-f3801ae1f462 to VM Test01 as migration of local data volume is not allowed"

Actual config is on LOCAL storage type.

Someone know about?

Thanks!

Re: Cloudstack 4.2.0 > migration of local data volume is not allowed

Posted by Antonio Petrocelli <a....@netsons.com>.
Hello,

before all thanks for your reply.

I confirm you that data volume ( snapshot and templates ) is located on
second storage mounted with NFS on both nodes ( 2 hosts ).

We use local storage for vm on each node.

How to setup a local path for snapshot repository inside cloudstack
admin panel?

Should I remove second storage to do so ? If so, should I also store
templates on local storage ?

Waiting for your reply

Best regards

Posted by Koushik Das <ko...@citrix.com>.