Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> on 2011/05/31 16:10:14 UTC

Integration of terminals

http://www.specialtymarket.com/products/PROMOTIONS/p_10041
I am working on making a package of hardware and accessories based on
this to be used with web based application.
as you can see the prices are getting reasonable.
this particular one has GPS so can track location for asset tracking.

I believe this is the wave of the future for Enterprise software

=========================
BJ Freeman
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Re: Integration of terminals

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
VPN is only totally secure when run on copper pairs.
when run across the internet it has the same vulnerability
considerations as a Router/WIFI. both hardware and encryption.
VPN routers have an encryption layer, which must match on both ends.
the more expensive Wifi routers and or the ones that have custom
applications uploaded, have the same level of security as a VPN.

I use a modified version of busy box in my wifi's that are used.

another note:
Back end is HTTPS which is suppose to have encryption to and from the
client.

There is another layer of security by using JNLP.

=========================
BJ Freeman
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/control/automation?forumId=SUPPLYCHAIN>

Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.cos>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Mike sent the following on 6/1/2011 7:58 AM:

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Adrian Crum" <ad...@sandglass-software.com>

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
interesting
The open wifi is only a concern if the traffic is open Text( Http:)
btw did you see that is 3G capable.
PS, Using Linux instead of android.
the linux firewall is set to only access the business sites.
yes someone can change the iptables, however this would send a notice to
the admin. it would be up to the company as to the resolution.

=========================
BJ Freeman
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Mike sent the following on 5/31/2011 2:31 PM:

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.
Then that approach is outside the scope of this project. OFBiz is an ERP
application, not a VPN.

Your "nightmare scenario" is a function of deployment, not a function of
the application.

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shi Jinghai <sh...@langhua.org>.
It's also useful in construction/manufacture project management, take
photos, write notes, record voices and etc.