Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/05 21:13:03 UTC

[Ann] tapestry-rss

Hi!

I'm releasing yet another package for Tapestry (and it won't be the last
one): tapestry-rss. As its name says, it's a simple package that
implements an RSS 2.0 feed. Its sources and a quick description of how to
use it are in https://github.com/thiagohp/tapestry-rss and its Maven
dependency is this, already in the central repository:

<dependency>
     <groupId>br.com.arsmachina</groupId>
     <artifactId>tapestry-rss</artifactId>
     <version>0.0.1</version>
</dependency>

Cheers!

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br

Re: [Ann] tapestry-rss

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
Another difference: in tapestry-rss, you don't need to care on how to
include the link to the feed in the header: a mixin already does that for
you. In addition, you don't need to worry about creating a page or event
to return the feed: tapestry-rss provides one out-of-the-box (/rss). You
just need to implement a ChannelProvider, which receives the RSS page
activation context and returns a Channel instance (class already included
in tapestry-ioc), and contribute it to the ChannelProvider Tapestry-IoC
service. This is how you'll provide the RSS channels and items for
tapestry-rss.

Re: [Ann] tapestry-rss

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Ann] tapestry-rss

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
BTW, I hope I didn't sound negative.  I was just pointing out a similar
project (which hasn't been updated in a while) and maybe there are good
ideas in it, etc.

mrg

Re: [Ann] tapestry-rss

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.