Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Edge <mi...@db.com> on 2002/08/20 14:56:19 UTC

Merging Dynamic Content and Static HTML in Same Page

Hi All

Is it possible within Cocoon to produce a single page that is made up of both static and dynamic content. For example, I would like to produce reports that all contain a standard header with images and toolbars, etc., but where the dynamic part of the page is generated by an XSP using ESQL. Within Cocoon I can see ways of generating static pages using either map:read or map:generate, as in:

<map:match pattern="head.html">
       <map:read src="docs/head.htm" mime-type="text/html"/>
</map:match>
<map:match pattern="head">
      <map:generate type="html" src="docs/head.htm"/>
      <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

And there are ways of generating dynamic pages using XSP, as in:

<map:match pattern="reports">
      <map:generate type="serverpages" src="docs/PCTeamProduct.xsp"/>
      <map:transform src="stylesheets/PCTeamProduct.xsl"/>
      <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

Now how can I put these both together so that I get a single HTML page with head.htm at the top followed by the output of PCTeamProduct.xsp?

Thanks for the help

Regards

Michael

Re: Merging Dynamic Content and Static HTML in Same Page

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Michael Edge wrote:

>Hi All
>
>Is it possible within Cocoon to produce a single page that is made up of both static and dynamic content. For example, I would like to produce reports that all contain a standard header with images and toolbars, etc., but where the dynamic part of the page is generated by an XSP using ESQL. Within Cocoon I can see ways of generating static pages using either map:read or map:generate, as in:
>
><map:match pattern="head.html">
>       <map:read src="docs/head.htm" mime-type="text/html"/>
></map:match>
><map:match pattern="head">
>      <map:generate type="html" src="docs/head.htm"/>
>      <map:serialize/>
></map:match>
>
>And there are ways of generating dynamic pages using XSP, as in:
>
><map:match pattern="reports">
>      <map:generate type="serverpages" src="docs/PCTeamProduct.xsp"/>
>      <map:transform src="stylesheets/PCTeamProduct.xsl"/>
>      <map:serialize/>
></map:match>
>
>Now how can I put these both together so that I get a single HTML page with head.htm at the top followed by the output of PCTeamProduct.xsp?

1. Sitemap aggregation. See samples.
2. Includes. See samples.

Vadim

Posted by Luca Morandini <lu...@tin.it>.
Micheal,

I think this is a case for aggregation: read the "aggregating" paragraph at
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html

Best regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant