Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Aaron Kimball <aa...@cloudera.com> on 2009/08/14 21:09:08 UTC

Re: which mailing listto send questions

To answer more precisely: you should read all three. In theory,
mapreduce-specific questions should be directed to mapreduce-user, and
hdfs-specific questions should be directed to hdfs-user. common-user is
technically just for questions about the "common" code in Hadoop, e.g. the
I/O serialization subsystem, things like SequenceFile, etc. In practice,
common-user is sort of a catch-all where you'll find lots of questions about
all aspects of Hadoop though.

- Aaron